Egg Sandwich


When I was small my mother would make toasted sandwiches by using chopped onions, tomatoes, green chillies and coriander leaves as a filling. I used to feel that this type of sandwich was only made in my house but much later during my post-graduation days I also saw this being made at one of my friend’s place.



Today I am posting about an egg sandwich which I learned from my cousin. Quite often when I have served this, people have taken the filling to be cheese. This sandwich can be had just after assembling or it can be toasted too. Hubby likes it toasted but sis and me like to have it just like that.



Ingredients

6 slices of whole wheat bread,
3 hard-boiled eggs,
Salt to taste,
Powdered black pepper,
1 cup of coriander leaves and stalks,
Green chilies as required,
2 cloves of garlic,
a handful of raw peanuts

Method

To make the green chutney grind the coriander leaves and stalks, green chillies, raw peanuts,garlic and salt to taste to a coarse paste. Add a little water if required.

Grate the hard-boiled eggs and add salt and pepper to taste. Keep aside.

Apply green chutney on one side of all the bread slices. Spread the egg filling on three of the slices and top with the remaining three slices.

Cut it into triangles and serve immediately. You can also toast these sandwiches.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Sorry for replying so late...I was away and for quite sometime my blog was not working too well. It would be better to use a mix of grated paneer with grated cheese for a vegetarian version of this sandwich.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. If you liked this post, please post a comment sharing your feedback or suggestion.

Most Liked