Coriander Crunchies or Kothimir Wadi


 The first time I saw kothimir wadi was on the shelves of Vijay Bakery near Mahim station in Mumbai where I grew up. I was very fascinated with the fried spicy cubes...wondering how it got that way :-) .

Now that I know the recipe I wonder how I was so naive.



Here is the recipe I followed when I made this for breakfast today...

Ingredients

2 packed cups chopped coriander leaves and stems,
1 ½ cup of besan,
½ cup wheat flour,
1 ½ tsp of ginger garlic paste,
2 tsp coriander powder,
1 tsp turmeric powder,
A pinch of baking soda,
2 tsp amchur,
2 tsp white sesame seeds,
Salt and oil as required

Method

In a mixing bowl add the ingredients except oil and sesame seeds. Mix it well.
Add about a cup of water and mix well. If it is too thick add some water to get a dropping consistency.

Grease a vessel with oil and pour in the batter. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.

Steam till done. You can pierce a knife in the centre to check if it is done. It will come out clean when done.

Once cool, cut into cubes.

You can either toast, shallow fry or deep fry the cubes as per as your calorific needs :-) . The photograph is of cubes which I toasted using a bit of oil.

Serve this with either green chutney or tomato sauce.  

Comments

Most Liked