Tutti Frutti Cup Cakes



I made tutti frutti cup cakes for my father’s birthday, so he could take it for his office friends. They all enjoyed it, I followed this recipe. Thanks. This is a little different from the tutti frutti cake I made earlier (my first post).

I am replicating the recipe I used so I it is easily available for me the next time I need it. This recipe will make a batch of 12

Ingredients

1 cup refined flour,
1 tsp refined flour,
½ tsp baking powder,
½ tsp baking soda,
½ cup + 1 ½ tbsp powdered sugar,
¼ cup heaped tutti frutti,
100 grams butter,
2 eggs,
3 tbsps orange juice,
1 tsp orange essence

Method

Ensure all the ingredients are at room temperature.



Sieve 1 cup refined flour, baking powder and baking soda twice. Dust the tutti frutti with a tsp of refined flour. This ensures they don’t sink to the bottom of the cake while baking.

Beat the butter and sugar together till creamy. Then fold in the eggs and beat well.

Add half of the refined flour mixture and fold gently. Then add the orange juice, tutti frutti, rest of the flour and the orange essence. Fold gently till well combined.

Preheat the oven at 180oC for 15 minutes.

Pour the batter into paper cups placed in the muffin baking tray. Fill the cups with batter till they are half full. Bake at 180oC for 25 minutes.

Comments

Most Liked