Bread and Raisin Pudding



The batch of rawa laddoos I made the other day got exhausted two days ago and I have been having no answer to my husband’s query ‘Aur meethe main kya?’ so I decided to make bread pudding today. Another reason was also that by error my father bought white bread, something we don’t use as we are used to brown bread, so I had to find some use for it.

Ingredients

6 slices of white bread,
A handful of raisins,
2 cups of milk,
½ cup brown sugar,
¼ cup white sugar,
1 tsp vanilla extract,
1 tsp powdered cinnamon,
3 eggs
2 tbsp butter cubes

Method

Decrust the bread slices and quarter them. Line the baking dish with the bread pieces. Sprinkle the raisins and the butter cubes.

Beat the eggs in a bowl. In a separate bowl beat the milk, brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon powder. Now combine it with the beaten eggs and beat till frothy.



Pour this over the bread slices ensuring all the bread pieces are soaked with the liquid. Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 1900C. Bake the pudding at 1900C for 45 minutes. Serve warm or cold.

Comments

Most Liked