Peshawari Murgh



I made this recipe a couple of weeks back and it turned out really yum…so much so that now when I am posting about it I wish I had some of it left somewhere in the back of my fridge so I could tuck into some right now. Perhaps I will be making it again soon enough…

Ingredients

½ kg chicken on the bone (you can also use boneless chicken),
1 medium sized onion sliced,
3 tbsp oil

Marinade 1

1 tsp chill powder,
1 tsp coriander powder,
1 tsp pepper powder,
½ tsp cumin powder,
¼ tsp powdered roasted fenugreek seeds,
¼ tsp powdered fennel seeds,
3 slightly crushed green cardamoms,
3 slightly crushed cloves,
1 inch piece cinnamon,
1 tsp lemon juice,
Salt to taste

Marinade 2

Paste of:
1 medium onion,
1 ½ inch ginger,
¼ cup coriander leaves with stalks,
Green chillies as per taste,
½ cup well-beaten curds,
1 tsp turmeric powder,
Salt to taste

Method

Wash and marinate the chicken in Marinade 1 for about half an hour. Then add the second marinade, mix well and let it marinate for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator (I left it overnight).

Put the chicken with all the marinade in a big pan and cook covered till done and the masala almost coats the chicken pieces. Meanwhile heat the oil and fry the sliced onion till golden brown. Drain the onions and keep aside. Now slowly fold in the oil used to fry the onions into the chicken and bhuno till the colour turns to a rich colour. Finally fold in the fried onions. 



Goes well with parathas.

Comments

Most Liked