Rawa Coconut Wadi



Ok this didn’t turn out how I wanted it to, I guess I took it off the heat sooner than I should have. That is why I couldn’t get firm pieces, but it tasted yum, so I am posting the recipe and I hope to do it right the next time around.

Ingredients

¼ kg rawa or sooji,
1 cup grated coconut,
25 grams powdered cashewnuts,
1 cup milk,
350 grams sugar,
200 grams ghee,
10 green cardamoms,
1 tbsp flour,
Some cashew halves

Method

Roast the rawa/sooji for about 10 minutes on a low heat and keep aside. Powder the cardamom seeds.

In a large pan, bring the milk to a boil and add the ghee, sugar and cardamom powder. When the sugar dissolves, add the roasted rawa, cashew powder, grated coconut and flour. Stir continuously till it starts leaving the side of the pan. This is where I think I took it off the heat too fast.



Grease a plate and pour the mixture onto the plate and spread evenly. Decorate it with the cashew halves. When slightly cool cut into pieces using a knife.

Comments

Most Liked