Pesto Pasta Salad



I have this bunch of dishes I want to make all waiting for me to make basil pesto, as it is one of the key ingredients. So today I decided to make basil pesto and make my first recipe from the lot. Making basil pesto is extremely easy if you have all the ingredients, will post the recipe separately.



Basil as a herb and of course pesto is something that takes some getting used to. Hubby didn’t like the taste, but I am glad I liked it. I don’t know if it happens to everybody but it does surely happen to me...there are certain things that I have never had but even before I try them I want to like them...basil pesto was one of them. I am so glad I actually liked the flavour :-)

I am sending this recipe to the Soups & Salads Event hosted by Jayashree Mudaliar from Cooking Episodes and Arundati from Escapades. This is the first blogging event I am participating in :-)  



Ingredients

1 tbsp basil pesto (store-bought or home-made,
½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil,
1 cup pasta (penne or fusilli),
½ tbsp sliced green olives,
¼ cup halved cherry tomatoes,
1 tbsp chopped walnuts,
¼ cup cooked green peas,
Salt to taste,
Crushed black pepper as required

Method

Cook the pasta in salted water as per the instructions on the pack.

Toss all the ingredients together in a bowl.

Serve either chilled or at room temperature.

Comments

Most Liked