Masala Khichdi



Khichdi is something I and my family really love. I especially love Bengalikhichdi which I had posted sometime back. I used to have a Bengali friend during my post-graduation days and she had once mentioned how she had used the masala she used for meat in her khichdi and it came out quite good. Today I am posting a recipe for masala khichdi which is a little more masaledar than your normal khichdi. I served it with pakodi kadhi and fried papads.



Ingredients

1 cup rice,
½ cup green moong dal,
1 onion,
3 green chillies,
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste,
A few curry leaves,
1 bay leaf,
Few fried cashews,
½ tsp garam masala powder,
1 tbsp oil,
Salt to taste

Method

Wash and soak the rice and dal together for about an hour. You can skip this step if you want.

Grind the onion, green chillies and ginger-garlic into a paste.

Heat the oil in a pan and add the bay leaves and curry leaves. Add the paste and fry till the raw smell disappears. Now add the garam masala powder and fry for half a minute and then add about 3 cups of water and salt. When it comes to a boil add the soaked rice, dal and fried cashews and cook till done.

Comments

Most Liked