Steamed Moong Dumplings



I am always on the lookout for healthy breakfast recipes and when I saw this recipe posted by Anusha, I simply had to try it. Anusha has given step-by-step pictures, I don’t have that much patience and one photograph is mostly what I click :-).



Ingredients

1 cup whole moong,
2 tsps of oil,
1 medium sized onion,
1.2 tsp of green chilli paste,
10-12 curry leaves,
A handful of coriander leaves,
2 tsps grated coconut,
Salt to taste

Method

Wash and soak the moong for about 4-5 hours. I soaked it overnight as I wanted to make it for breakfast.

Drain the moong and grind it to a coarse paste without adding any water. Do not make it very fine.

Finely chop the onion and coriander leaves.

Heat the oil and add the onion and when it becomes translucent add the green chilli paste, curry leaves and coriander leaves. Mix well.

Switch off the heat and add the moong paste, grated coconut and salt to taste. Mix well.

Make oval shaped dumplings and steam in the idli stand for about 7-8 minutes.

Serve with green chutney or tomato chutney.

Comments

Most Liked