Crepes Suzette



Oranges are in season and so I thought I would try out the recipe for Crepes Suzette, I had jotted down from a volume of the BBC Good Food Magazine. After I was done making it, I found out that it is a famous French dessert which is most often flambéed. Since I do not use alcohol, the recipe I followed skips the use of Grand Mariner.



Ingredients

For the Crepes

Check the recipe for crepes here.

For the Sauce

3 tbsps castor sugar,
250 ml freshly squeezed orange juice,
Zest of one orange,
1 tsp lemon juice,
50 grams unsalted butter

Method

Prepare the crepes as per the recipe here and fold it into quarters.

Spread the castor sugar on the base of a non-stick pan and let it melt on a low heat till it turns into an amber-coloured caramel. Take it off the heat and add the orange juice, orange zest and lemon juice. Return it to the heat and cook till the caramel melts into the orange juice. Now add the butter and cook till it reduces a bit.

Add the crepes to the pan and warm through.

Serve warm.

Comments

Most Liked