Mushroom Caps with a Cheesy Filling



There are some days when I just have to do what I have thought I would, even though I am very tired.



The other day was one such day, I had a busy day at work and was very tired but I had made up my mind to make these cheesy mushroom caps. They turned out to be good, but the photograph is really pathetic.

Ingredients

200 grams button mushrooms (try to get a pack with large mushrooms)
1.5 tbsp of finely chopped garlic,
½ a small onion (finely chopped),
½ tsp white pepper powder,
Some fresh coriander leaves,
½ cup cheddar cheese,
1 tbsp butter,
Salt to taste

Method
           
Wash and destalk the mushrooms. Core the caps carefully.

Heat the butter and add the garlic and onion. Ensure they do not brown. Add salt and pepper and take off the heat.

Cool this a bit and add the grated cheese and chopped coriander. Stuff this filling into the cored mushroom caps and bake in a pre-heated oven at 220۬oc for about 5-6 minutes.

Comments

Most Liked